Wilderness to Wake 2014
1. What is included in the trip cost?
The trip cost includes guides, transportation, group gear, food, lodging, and activities.
2. What if I have a dietary restriction?
Any dietary restrictions should be indicated on your medical form. Our staff will review the medical forms and plan trip menus accordingly. Feel free to email us with any concerns.
3. Who are the trip leaders?
Your trip leader will be an Outdoor Pursuits staff member. Our staff are Wilderness First Aid/CPR certified and have extensive training and backcountry experience. These trip leaders can also serve as mentors throughout your time at Wake Forest.
4. What paperwork will I need for my son or daughter?
5. Can my son or daughter choose their trip and activities?
On the sign up form you may indicate your trip preferences. We will do our absolute best to get students on their preferred trips. The great news is we can guarantee an action packed, wholesome, significant educational experience regardless of location or activity. Trips and activities are subject to change due to weather and trail closures.
6. Will my son or daughter have the ability to move into their residence hall before the program?
Yes! This is one of the many benefits of our program. Parents generally help their son or daughter move to campus the day before our trips go out. This year, that day will be Saturday, August 16th. This is the earliest they will be allowed into their residence hall. Please contact Kristy Eanes (email@example.com) with Residence Life and Housing for more information about Residence Life and Early Move-in.
7. If we help our child move-in on August 16th, are we still expected to return to campus for other orientations?
Parents are encouraged to return to campus to attend Parent Orientation on Thursday August 22nd.
8. What can we expect Saturday, August 16th?
You will move into your residence hall Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening you will meet your trip leaders and other participants.
9. Can anyone participate regardless of experience level?
Yes! There is no experience required to participate. It is, however, encouraged that each participant be healthy and active. Furthermore, a great attitude and willingness to experience new things is a must.