OP TRIP COST PHILOSOPHY
It is our goal to make trip costs as low as possible. We plan trips on a zero-based budget system and further subsidize trip costs wherever we can. The price of each trip includes transportation, trip leaders, equipment, food, and lodging.
PAYMENT POLICY AND REGISTRATION
- Registration for OP trips may only be done in person at the OP office Rm. 213 in Reynolds Gym.
- In order to secure your spot on a given trip, you must pay the trip deposit ($10.00 for day trips and $25.00 for overnight trips) at the time of registration.
- For some of our extended trips, there may be a higher deposit due at the time of registration. This will be noted in the trip description.
- We accept cash, check or Deacon Dollars. Checks should be made out to WFUOutdoor Pursuits, with the trip name and date in the memo line.
- Note: if you select Deacon Dollars, you are giving us permission to charge the amount of the deposit to your account.
- REQUIRED FORMS: OP Med Form & OP Liability Form
- Note: Med Forms are a 1 time form. Please bring your health insurance card to the OP office, or simply scan and email it to your trip leader.
- A new Liability Forms must be completed for each trip you attend.
Wait-List Policy: If a trip is full, go ahead and sign-up for the wait list. We will let you know if a spot opens up for you!
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Full refunds will be given up to 7 days before the trip. After this deadline, all fees are non-refundable. Full refunds will be given if OP cancels the trip for any reason. Refunds will NOT be given for location changes as all trip locations are subject to change due to weather and safety concerns.
YOUR TRIP PRICE INCLUDES
- The price of your trip includes trip food, gear, transportation, and Trip Leaders.
- We adjust all trip menu plans according to dietary restrictions.
- Occasionally, groups will eat out while traveling. These meals are generally not included in the trip cost. Your trip leaders will inform you of any meals not included in the trip price.
OP COMMON ADVENTURER PHILOSOPHY
- We want OP trips to be safe, fun and memorable.
- Due to weather and other safety concerns, trip destinations are subject to change.
- We work hard so that you can have fun, so please come with a happy, cooperative attitude.
- OP practices strong Leave No Trace ethics. (LNT.org) Pack it in, pack it out!
- We ARE open to ideas / suggestions for new OP trips. After all, they are for students!
- We are very open to feedback! Let us know how we can serve you better. Be sure to complete the trip satisfaction survey you trip leader will email you after the trip.
- Absolutely NO Alcohol, tobacco or drugs will be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in proper university judicial sanctions and the patron may be denied future trip sign-ups.
YOUR TRIP LEADERS
- Your trip leader will be a current Wake Forest undergraduate student
- These students work part-time for Outdoor Pursuits and have extensive training, including Wilderness First Aid and CPR certifications
- We encourage you to get to know your Trip Leaders, we think they are some pretty cool folks! However, in the case of a conflict or an emergency, your trip leaders are the authority on the trip.
- Trip Leaders have prepared a Risk Management Plan in case of emergency.
- You can work for Outdoor Pursuits, too! See our Staff page or stop by the OP office for more information.