American Red Cross Certification Classes
Interested in a great summer or year round job? Become a lifeguard! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard! Participants must be at least 15 years of age or older and must show their ID on the first day. Each participant must pass a per-course swim of 300 yards and retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deep end and swim it back to the shallow end. Please bring a swimsuit, towel and snacks to each class. All classes include: certifications, a lifeguard manual, CPR-mask, Fox 40 whistle and lanyard and a fanny pack.
Session dates are: (All class times are 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
- March 23-24 & 29-30 (Must come to all days)
- April 12-13 & 26-27 (Must come to all days)
- May 3-4, 10 & 17 (Must come to all days)
- WFU-Reynolda Campus Student/Faculty/Staff- $175
- Non-WFU Student/Faculty/Staff- $275
Session dates are: (All class times are 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- ALL CLASSES ARE FULL
Another class may be added please email Lori Andrews if you are interested.
- WFU-Reynolda Campus Student/Faculty/Staff- $75
- Non-WFU Student/Faculty/Staff- $100
If you have any questions please contact